An Indiana Auto Accident Attorney Will Fight For Damages
At Tofaute & Spelman, we’ve been using our 150+ years of combined experience to help auto accident victims for over 50 years. If you’ve been injured in an auto accident, you could be facing astronomical medical expenses, loss of needed income, hours of therapy, and other painful and time-consuming consequences lasting up to years. You’ll also be fighting an insurance company, which just wants to be rid of your claim at an undervalued amount, using the lure of quick cash. In short, you’ll need the help of an experienced Indiana auto accident attorney from Tofaute & Spelman. We’re on your side, and ONLY your side, and we’ll protect you and your family and fight for the money damages you deserve.
Negligence in Indiana Auto Accidents
Most auto accidents are caused by negligence, which, generally speaking, means a driver has not driven in a reasonably safe manner and caused the accident. Sometimes determining negligence can be fairly simple; for example, a driver runs a red light and strikes you broadside. In other cases, however, it can be difficult to determine whether a driver was driving reasonably safely or not. Nevertheless, many of the arguments in auto accident cases revolve around this very issue.
Some examples of negligent driving include:
- Running red lights or stop signs.
- Speeding up to “beat” a yellow light.
- Driving while texting or otherwise distracted.
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Driving while drowsy.
- Failing to yield.
- Following too closely.
- Making unsafe lane changes.
- Driving too fast for road or weather conditions.
What You Need to Know Before Speaking with Any Insurance Company
Dealing with an experienced Indiana auto accident attorney like our team at Tofaute & Spelman is critical in any auto accident, especially those involving negligence. We represent our clients to insurance companies as well as opposing counsel. So, when an insurance company comes calling, remember these tips:
- Don’t say anything at all except “you’ll need to speak to my lawyer. Here’s the phone number.”
- The insurance company will utilize a simple trick that fools almost everyone who is not pre-warned: they’re nice. They’ll speak to you pleasantly, patiently, and logically. They’ll make you feel your accident is their most important priority.
- Never tell them you don’t have a lawyer.
- Never admit to anything, let alone fault.
- Never say, “I’m sorry.”
- Never say “I’m not injured”
- Never speculate on what happened.
- Never say “I accept.”
- Never agree to make or sign a written statement.
- Never agree to be recorded
How An Indiana Auto Accident Attorney At Tofaute & Spelman Can Help if You’ve Been Involved in an Auto Accident
We’ll handle your insurance company, any opposing party or their lawyers, and even the police if necessary. Our Indiana auto accident attorney team will gather the necessary evidence to support your claims, establish the facts as supported by the evidence, develop your arguments, rebut any defenses they may bring, and provide you with options moving forward. We offer FREE consultations, same-day return phone calls, and emails, multilingual staff, and we are available 24/7/365. Contact us today for help.